We have been providing our community with the highest quality food and service for more than 40 years. BCC is committed to hiring a diverse staff that represents the community we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are always eager to add experienced and enthusiastic individuals to our team. We are always accepting applications from those interested in customer service, kitchen service, or fresh foods.
We offer a number of benefits to our employees including:
- 20% discount on purchases
- Paid time off
- Paid breaks
- Flex Spending Account (after 9 months of employment)
We are currently seeking the following positions:
Chill Buyer – FT (32-40/hrs week)
We are looking for a motivated, highly energetic, individual to join our Buying Team. The individual should have retail grocery experience and knowledge of natural and whole foods.
- Respect each other, suppliers, and owners/customers shopping at the Co-op.
- Display a helpful attitude toward both customers and staff.
- Respect diversity and encourage all types of people to work and shop at the Co-op.
- Appreciate positions and perspectives of others.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Maintain a positive work ethic and stay on task.
- Exercise good hygiene and proper food handling procedures.
- Place orders within budget to minimize out-of-stocks and overstocks and maximize sales and inventory turns.
- Receive orders following established procedures FIFO practices and applying for credit as appropriate.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices and proper coding of invoices.
- Ensure accurate information in POS and calculate prices to achieve margin goal(s).
- Complete Special Orders and Product Requests with speed and accuracy.
- Participate in inventory counts.
- Attend Buyers Meetings.
- Keep shelves and displays fully stocked with accurate signage.
- Evaluate performance of products, introduce new products and discontinue slow sellers.
- Ensure that department areas (aisles, shelves, bins, and storage areas) are in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department standards.
- Ensure that unsellable items are removed from the sales floor, returned or properly disposed of, following established procedures. Keep accurate shrink records.
➢ Well-organized, pays attention to detail.
➢ Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
➢ Ability to lift 50 lbs.
➢ Regular, predictable attendance.
➢ Good communication skills with suppliers, co-workers, customers. \
➢ Experience purchasing retail natural foods.
➢ Familiarity with department products.
➢ Computer literacy.
➢ Willingness to work weekends and evenings as scheduled.
➢ Willingness and ability to learn to meet the changing requirements of the job.
Kitchen Production Worker – (PT, evenings and weekends)
- Treat people fairly, consistently and with respect.
- Ensure efficient, informative and friendly service according to established customer service vision and standards.
- Treat staff and managers with consistency and fairness, in a style appropriate to a cooperative work environment.
- Ensure that communications are clear, direct and respectful
- Ensure the integrity of Bluff Country Co-op’s values in decision-making and interactions with others.
- Act as a model to all employees following the employee handbook.
- Provide attentive and courteous customer service.
- Complete daily production list as assigned following established food safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work space.
- Use kitchen equipment safely.
- Stock hot bar, soup bar, and chicken program in a timely fashion.
- Maintain salad bar, hot bar, and soup bar service levels to department standards for quality and freshness.
- Receive and stow orders according to department procedures.
- Prep smoothie and juice bar items.
- Assists with ongoing washing of equipment and smallwares.
- Participate in departmental and storewide meetings and trainings.
- Participate in departmental inventories and projects as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Self motivated, organized, responsible, flexible
- Customer service experience
- Quick, efficient cooking skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Able to work well in a team to achieve departmental goals
- Interested natural foods
Click here to download our application.
Completed applications can be returned to the store during our regular business hours or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be kept on file for 6 months, after which applicants are welcome to reapply. As much as we would like, the number of applications does not allow us to respond to each applicant; please do not call. If the hiring manager has selected you as a candidate for interview, we will call you. If you change your contact information or availability, please submit another application.